CAD Tech/Designer Position in Brookshire, Texas
Railroad Infrastructure & Terminal Development, LLC (RITD) is looking to hire a full-time CAD Tech/Designer to work with and support our Engineering and Rail teams. He/She will have experience and working knowledge (or cross-over skills) with Civil 3D. We are looking for someone with great communication skills who enjoys being part of a team in a fast-paced growing environment.
- Performs and produces project design development (horizontal, vertical, utility, grading, drainage designs, and construction plan development), installation drawings and calculations according to contract documents for clients.
- Uses knowledge of tools and drafting to complete assigned tasks including 2D and 3D model development, completing design changes, general arrangement drawing production, redlining, plotting, and drafting using CAD platforms.
- Complete work according to standard engineering principles and practices and compliance with RITD high standards and quality procedures.
- Evaluates proposed freight railroad site plans in relation to site requirements and makes recommendations accordingly.
- Applies revisions to project drawings and calculations according to revisions approved by project lead.
- Create and document concepts, sketches, models, layouts, submittals, instructions, and complete design projects.
- Consults, assists and exchanges information with co-workers, clients, sub-contractors and or vendors involved with RITD-LLC development projects.
- Contributes with updates project schedules, departmental reports and correspondence as needed for projects.
- Demonstrates the ability too adapt and embrace change.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is self-motivated and goal-oriented to be a valuable addition for an established, thriving company in the railroad industry, which is currently on the rise. This role also provides the possibility to advance within the company for an individual that is efficient, meets deadlines, and fulfills the requirements of the position. Benefits included are health insurance, dental, and 401(k). Salary is competitive with the industry standards and depends on experience.
If you are interested in being a key addition to our successful, competitive company, please email your résumé or summary of qualifications to Stacy Bell at email@example.com