Survey Technician Position in Brookshire, Texas
Railroad Infrastructure & Terminal Development, LLC (RITD) is looking to hire a full-time survey technician to perform an equal balance of field and office surveying tasks in conjunction with railroad engineering design. The scope of work to be performed will be primarily in topographic surveys of existing site conditions (ditch and channel cross-sections, culvert and manhole details, utility locations, etc.). Additionally, boundary work, construction staking, and as-built surveys will occasionally be required.
Ideal candidates for this job position will need to have the following qualifications:
- Familiarity with GPS systems and robotic systems (Trimble and/or Spectra)
- Willingness to operate as a one-person field crew
- Exceptional communication skills for the purposes of attending on-site meetings to discuss project procedures and requirements
- Team-oriented attitude to work alongside other individuals with variable skill sets that combine to form an efficient and successful work environment
- Extreme attention to detail while conducting field work
- Sufficient computer knowledge to be able to download field data into AutoCAD and complete linework from the field survey
- Experience in railroad surveying and having completed safety training through e-railsafe is a huge plus, but not required
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is self-motivated and goal-oriented to be a valuable addition for an established, thriving company in the railroad industry, which is currently on the rise. This role also provides the possibility to advance within the company for an individual that is efficient, meets deadlines, and fulfills the requirements of the position. Benefits included are health insurance, dental, and 401(k). Salary is competitive with the industry standards and depends on experience.
If you are interested in being a key addition to our successful, competitive company, please email your résumé or summary of qualifications to Richard Heiges at email@example.com or call at 281-392-4850.